You’ve passed your IAM ROADSMART Advanced Test, what now?
There are 3 options if you want to continue improving your skills, MKAM offers you Fellows, Masters Training, Observing.
The IAM RoadSmart Fellows is the same as you have already done, the only difference is you retake your Advanced test every 3 years, you will have a small increased in your IAMRS membership fee to cover your test fee.
The IAM RoadSmart Masters standard offers the ultimate challenge for civilian drivers and riders.
Building on your skills as an existing advanced road user, the Masters programme will help to enhance and develop your ability even further in the following areas:
- Applying cornering principles
- Assessing, planning and executing safe overtaking manoeuvres
- Recognising opportunities to make safe progress (within the speed limits)
- Improving observation, anticipation and awareness consistent with vehicle speed
- Applying sound judgement of speed and distance
- Delivering a fluent, relevant and continuous commentary
Contact:to arrange Masters mentoring.
Master Driver course with mentoring £299
Observing: want to give something back? All Observing training is free and takes your driving to a whole new level.